Our facility has an established maximum occupancy. Fire and Building codes prevent us from allowing users to exceed these limit. The Bay City Fire Marshall has established a maximum capacity of 180 persons for the 1904 Room (2,063 sq. ft. area where passengers used to await arriving trains) Note: Occupancies change according to space setup.
We currently allow you to use the caterer of your choice. Caterers are responsible for cleaning any areas used prior to leaving and removing food and foodservice equipment or will be billed for cleaning services (unless other arrangements have been made with our staff).
Depending on the event, alcohol may be allowed in our indoor spaces. All requests to servce alcohol must be approved in advance by us. If you receive approval from us to serve or sell alcohol at your event, be advised of the following requirements:
- A permitted alcohol server, at least 21 years of age, is required. You are responsible for hiring the permitted alcohol server for your event and ensuring that the server's permit is on hand at the event. All alcohol is to be served by the permitted alcohol server and event guests are not permitted to bring their own alcohol
- A liquor license is required if alcohol is being sold. Copies of the permits must be submitted to us a minimum of 14 business days prior to your event.
- You are responsible for the conduct and behavior of your drinking guests. Under age drinking (under 21 years of age) is strictly prohibitd and against the law.
- Serving alcohol without proper approval and permits, and/or in violation of any of the above policies and procedures may result in a Police citation, immediate shut down of your event, forfeiture of your deposit, and/or additional fees and penalties.
- Please name The Great Lakes Center Foundation as an additional insured for $100,000 on your general liability insurance policy for the day of the event. Please provide proof of that policy 14 days prior to the event.
We must be notified in advance if you intend to bring equipment into our facilities. You are responsible for all costs incurred for rental equipment.
The Meeting Room is well lit and has lots of windows. Shades have been installed. Please ask the Facility Coordinator to lower the blinds if sunlight interferes with your event. The only lighting that we permit you to turn on/off is lighting that is controlled by an external, publicly accessible light switch. All other lighting is to remain on/off as programmed and emergency lighting is to remain intact and undisturbed.
The Pere Marquette Depot indoor facilities are smoke and tobacco free. If you or your guests choose to smoke, please make sure all smoking takes place at least 25 feet away from building entrances/exits and windows/vents that open to the inside. There is an outdoor receptacle available for your use. You are responsible for ensuring that outdoor areas are clear of all smoking debris at the conclusion of your event.
Generally speaking no pets or other animals are allowed in the facility. Service animals serving the needs of those with disabilities are, of course, welcome.
Live or amplified music is only permitted until 10 p.m. If the police department receives complaints about the noise from music or general rowdiness in or around the depot, they may exercise their professional judgement and either give the event sponsor a warning or may have the music turned of and/or ask that the event end. There will be no refunds if an event is ended in this manner.
Decorations and Presentation Materials
You may bring freestanding decorations and presentation materials into the facility and are responsible for removing them at the conclusion of your event. We ask that you NOT use glitter and confetti in your table decorations as it is very difficult to sweep up.
A minimum of 14 business days prior to your event, discuss with our staff what you intend to bring to the facility. You must receive approval in advance. Please note the following:
- The use of staples, push pins, nails, tacks, duct or masking tape is prohibited when affixing decorations.
- Hanging decorations and materials from light fixtures, in-room equipment, railings, and ceilings is not allowed. Helium balloons must be weighted and secured to prevent them from escaping the event area or rising to the ceiling.
- Hanging projection screens, lighting, or other equipment from doors and windows is not allowed. Standalone projection screens, decorations, and other furnishings and equipment cannot block doors, stairs, entrances or exits.
The floor is sensitive to markings so all furnishings and equipment must be lifted and carried across the floor when moved. You are responsible for communicating this information to anyone else, including but not limited to rental companies who may be dropping off equipment or additional furniture.
If you plan to sell items at your event, you are required to obtain prior approval from us. We reserve the right to deny the sale of items we deem to be a public nuisance, potentially damaging to our facilities, in direct competition with our gift shop, or offensive.
City Codes & Ordinances
All applicable City of Bay City Codes & Ordinances are in effect and enforced by police.
If Depot staff, in good faith, perceive that you or your guests pose a risk to the safety of persons or property on the premises, that you are not complying with our facility use guidelines, or that you or your guests are violating local, state, or federal laws, your event will be ended. Upon verbal notice from Depot staff, security, or the police that your event is being terminated, you and your guests must leave the premises immediately, adn you will not receive a refund of your rental fee and may be denied future use of the facility.
Prior to Event/Day of Event/Conclusion
For larger events, we require that you meet with our staff prior to your event. At that time you receive a facility orientation and answers to all of your event related questions. Our staaff with contact you to arrange a meeting. Our staff can be contacted at 989.893.4596 or by email.
On the day of your event the facility will be available to you at the time specified on your "Facility Use Request Form." We require that you do not set up or enter the facility until your designated reservation time and that you depart when scheduled. You will be charged additionally for an extended departing time or early arrival.
At the conclusion of your event, you are required to remove your belongings and event related materials and leave the facility clean and intact. It may be necessary to sweep and mop the floor, and wipe down tables and furniture if necessary.
If additional cleaning and/or Depot staff time is required as a result of your use of the facility, you will be charged at the prevailing hourly rate and may be denied future use of the facility.